Science Olympiad Team
Coaches: Zana Whittington and Shanna Hawkins
The North Carolina Science Olympiad is dedicated to:
- Ensuring all students have an equal opportunity to high quality science and technology education regardless of their ethnicity, household income, or geographic location.
- Motivating students to expand their knowledge and competence in science and technology and increase their insight into the investigative process by enabling them to “do” science through hands-on and inquiry-based exploration.
- Nurturing students’ enthusiasm for science and technology.
- Getting students interested in pursuing science and science-related careers.
- Increasing community involvement in schools.
- Providing recognition for outstanding achievement for both students and teachers. (From the state website)