What is Elementary Battle of the Books?
Elementary Battle of the Books (EBOB) is a program that challenges students to read a list of 15 books on a variety of topics and themes, selected each year by the North Carolina School Library Media Association. (This coming year's list is posted on the right of this page.) Beginning in September, EBOB team members will meet with Mrs. Wiebel during IE time to practice answering questions about these books.
Beginning in early January, team members will also meet after school to practice. On March 28, our team will travel to the Stone Center in North Wilkesboro to compete against other Wilkes County elementary schools. The school team that answers the most book-related questions correctly will be declared the winner. The county winner will go on to represent Wilkes County at the Regional competition in Hickory. For more information about Battle of the Books, contact Mrs. Wiebel.
- Students collaborate as a team to reach a common goal.
- Students read from a variety of genres that they may not have selected on their own.
- Students learn the importance of setting goals, supporting others, and believing in themselves.
2017-2018 NWES EBOB Team
- To share a mutual love of books and literature through discussions and interaction with peers.
- To instill character traits of cooperation, hard work, good sportsmanship and mutual respect.
- To encourage academic excellence and promote lifetime learning.
- To have fun!
Team coach: Barbara Wiebel